Where do I refer my patients for assessment for walking aids or home modifications?

It is usually best to have an assessment for walking aids completed by a Physiotherapist and the need for home modifications to be assessed by an Occupational Therapist. Referrals for these services can be made to community services such as Domiciliary Care SA (ph 8193 1234), Day Therapy Centres (contact Commonwealth Carelink for your closest centre –http://www9.health.gov.au/ccsd/usr_general/gen_home.cfm or 1800 052 222) or private therapists – for Physiotherapists seewww.physiotherapy.asn.au or (08) 8362 1355 and for Occupational Therapists look at www.otsa.org.au or (08) 8239 1422. Another useful resource for information on equipment is the Independent Living Centre which can be contacted on 1800 800 523 or https://ilcaustralia.org.au/

Recent Posts